Monday, October 01, 2007

EFT Master Showcases Update

I just returned from the EFT Master Showcases in Boston. Here I am with Dr. Pat Carrington and Gary Craig.

Some of my take-aways from the event.

Personal Resource States

EFT Master Dr. Pat Carrington presented an entire session on using Personal Resource States which "is a concept used in neurolinguistic programming (NLP) to refer to a memory or our own or someone elses's successful handing of a difficult situation". A very interesting way of empowering ourselves.

Bundling Baggage

EFT Master Lindsay Kenny presented a session on "Bundling Baggage". As EFT practitioners we are trained to break down client's global issues into very specific memories and incidents. During this session, Lindsay discussed how it is possible to "erase an entire childhood of these negative messages, traumas or abuses in on fell swoop".

Cute

EFT Master Jan Luther described fear in your stomach as being butterflies that had eaten firecrackers.

If EFT Isn't Working

Explore what the secondary benefits may be to keeping your issue...you get attention, you have time for yourself, you don't have to put yourself out there, etc.

Something to Think About

EFT Master Andy Brice shared this thought related to what we resists persists...If it is not OK, it is here to stay. We need to make peace with everything and everyone that creates any resistance or discord withing us.

Perfection

During EFT Master Carol Look's Abundance Session, we worked on any issues we had around perfectionism. She prompted us to use the statement "I have to be perfect or...". Try this out for yourself and see what "tail enders" you uncover. Participants shared:



I'll be judged.
I'll feel inadequate.
I'll embarrass myself.
No one will take me seriously.
My family won't love me.
I'll be in serious trouble.
I'll die or something worse.


That's it for now. I will share more as time permits.

No comments: